I was fascinated as a child of paleoanthropology . I was about 9-10 years old when I tried with much joy and excitement to reconstruct a head of Australopithecus . My parents , especially my mother was not thrilled with my early passion for ancient apes . One day , she absolutely forbade me to reconstruct prehistoric apes . Mother's decision disappointed me but I had no choice. My mother was and is a very religious woman and I think my concern for ancient apes conflicts with religious ideas . Many years have passed since then, but my attraction to prehistory remained intact . A few years ago I accidentally saw a reconstruction of Kennis brothers . I think it was a Neanderthal . It amazed by the talent and originality . They have re - started my passion for paleo anthropology .
I created this blog to my satisface my pleasure to bring to life humanoids that lived many millions of years ago. It's fascinating !

Thursday, December 11, 2014

The Venus of Laussel-Venus of Brassempouy


  1. The Venus of Laussel is a Venus figurine, a 18.11 inches high limestone bas-relief of a nude female figure, painted with red ochre. It was carved into a large block of fallen limestone in a rock shelter (abri de Lausselfr:Abri de Cap Blanc) in the commune of Marquay, in the Dordogne department of southwestern France.

The Venus of Brassempouy is a fragmentary ivory figurine from the Upper Palaeolithic. It was discovered in a cave at Brassempouy, France in 1892. About 25,000 years old, it is one of the earliest known realistic representations of a human face.

No comments:

Post a Comment